COOL SOLUTIONS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are 3 simple steps to installing your shade structure:
- Step 1 – Design: We visit your property to plan, measure and custom design a shade sail that meets your requirements.
- Step 2 – Construction: Steel Posts and other fixtures are installed (as required), we then re-measure the area to be covered and our Master Sail Maker begins the construction of your custom-designed shade sail.
- Step 3 – Installation: Our trained staff personally install your shade sail, ensuring that it is correctly fit and tensioned to ensure maximum performance and life. All shade sails come with a sail bag for storage an owners manual and instructions on how to take down and reinstall your shade sail.
- We use high density polyethylene ‘Rainbow Shade’ Z16 Shade Fabric which is know for its strength and durability and is treated with UV stabilizers to give it a long life in direct sunlight.
- Has a 10 year manufacturers warranty.
- Seams face upward, for water run off.
- We also offer Rainbow Shades Dri-Z All weather Shade Fabric and Extreme 32 fabric for extra large or heavy duty applications.
- Depending on the colour, the UV block rating ranges from 78% to 99%
- Our shades withstand winds of up to 90kph. If winds in your area are going to exceed this rating we recommend taking your shade down, an easy process for the owner.
- We use ProRig fittings which are Forged AISI 316 marine grade stainless steel.
- Our ultra-high-quality ProRig 3.2, 4, 5 or 6mm (7×19 Strand) AISI 316 marine grade stainless steel wire rope is PVC coated to avoid wear and tear on your cloth.
- Each corner is reinforced with double fabric and heavy-duty seatbelt webbing.
- All stitching is Gore Tenara UV protected, performed using a double locking stitch.
- The perimeter of each sail has a curve designed to control the fabric tension. Therefore, they do not sag or flap in the wind.
- All Turnbuckle threads are treated with Loctite Anti Seize allowing easy removal & installation.
Shade Sail Posts
When posts are required we use Australian made all galvanized 100 x 100 x 3,4 & 5mm SHS.
Post & footing dimensions are determined by Structure Consulting Engineers Post & Footing Schedules.
All posts are powder coated with your desired colour to complement surroundings and this also helps to protect them from rust.
We also offer an additional e-prime undercoat for coastal or tropical applications
Hot Dipped Galvanised posts are available for industrial and high corrosion applications.
All Cool Solutions Shade Sails are stitched with Lenzing Profilen PTFE thread which is manufactured in Austria & has a 15-year guarantee.
The weakest part of shade sails is always the stitching. UV light attacks conventional sewing thread and reduces its tenacity over time. With a rather low investment compared to the total value of the fabric and installation, you can reduce the risk of a failing sewing thread close to zero.
With Lenzing, 100% inherently UV resistant Lenzing PROFILEN® threads you are always on the safe side!
Lenzing PROFILEN® PTFE Sewing Thread Benefits:
- 15-year Guarantee
- Permanent 100% UV and weather resistance without additives – Total UV- and weather resistance are unique characteristics of PTFE.
- PTFE will neither rot nor degrade and is resistant to micro-organisms and pests
- Easy maintenance: Lenzing Profilen® is resistant to salt, dirt, water and bird droppings & therefore the first choice for shade sails and awnings.
- High strength: Sewing Thread represents a very small part of the total cost of the fabric – but if the yarn fails, the whole fabric is destroyed.
- Resistance to chemicals and pollution – chemically inert, so no weakening of its strength
- High light transmission (up to 60%)
- Extreme resilience/flexibility – even at low temperatures
- Lenzing Profilen® has an operating temperature from -200°C to +260°C. Lenzing Profilen® cannot burn:
- Lenzing Profilen® resists abrasion: PTFE has an extremely low coefficient of friction.
For more Lenzing Profilen®, please visit https://www.paskal.com.au/lenzing-ptfe-profilen.html
- Pool shade sails protect swimmers by blocking out up to 99% of harmful UV-Rays and heat.
- Driveway shade sails provide affordable protection for your vehicles.
- Playground shade sails create a sun smart cool environment for children.
- Shade sails can provide privacy for your outdoor areas.
- Shade sails enhance the style and value of your property.
- Shade sails offer protection for caravans, boats, furniture and other valuable possessions.
- Shade Sails make that outdoor entertainment area more usable.
- Shade sails reduce indoor house temperatures.
- Shade sails provide protection from light showers or 100% showers when using waterproof fabric.
- Shade sails are cheaper and more versatile than a patio.
- Shade sails look great and come in over 25 colours.
- Shade sails can be taken down when needed (to let in the winter sun).
- Garden shade sails protect vegetables and lawns from the harsh summer sun.
- Shade sails extend the life of and reduce temperature of artificial lawn or decking.
- Shade sails are very affordable alternative to expensive building renovations.
- Shade sails increase the size of your existing living space.
After purchasing your shade sail we will provide you with written care and maintenance instructions to help you get the most out of your shade sail. In general:
- Shade sails – during winter we recommend that you take your shade sail down and store it to enhance its life span and protect it from strong winds (>90km/h). Our warranty will not cover the product when consistently strong winds and storms are experienced. If you require assistance in taking down your shade sail, we provide a low cost call out service. We cannot however, visit the site / and or remove the product if high winds are currently in effect. We can also provide you with instructions to assist with taking down your shade sail.
- Shade structures – require little or no maintenance. In the event of damage from extreme weather conditions or motor cars, nets can be replaced at a low cost.
Most councils require building and/or planning approval to install a Shade Sail over 20m2. We are happy to organise this on your behalf. Councils usually charge a small fee which will vary (approximatley $140).
Yes we do. Waterproof Shade Sails are essentially the same premier shade cloth as used in our regular shade sails but with the added benefit of a clear polymer membrane bonded to the surface of the fabric. These sails not only provide up to 97% shade / 99%UV-B Block but have the additional appeal of being waterproof thus creating a more comfortable and protective all weather living environment under the sail.
Waterproof Shade Sails are particularly appealing around entertainment, BBQ and extended patio living areas. They are not recommended for areas that protect gardens, as your garden will miss out on much needed rain.
Yes there are. We ensure shade sails installed in public open spaces meet very strict design requirements to ensure maximum life of the product (e.g. restrict people from climbing) and to prevent any danger to the public. Cool Solutions adheres to our internal “Guidelines for shade structures in public spaces including child care facilities, playgrounds, parks and other recreational areas“. All potential customers are welcome to review these guidelines.
In particular,the location of shade structure posts around a playground must comply with the recommended playground safety standard i.e. 2.5m from any fall off point, or 1.5m from any point less than O.5m in height.
We are more than happy to supply only the shade sail (and any fixtures as needed), without installation. Just let us know!
No job is too big or too small. Contact us for a free measure and quote.
All tenders welcome.
Quality Custom Shade Sails Perth WA
Shade Sails are often referred to as:
Sail Shades, Sun Shades, Shade Cloth Sails, Shade Sales, Sun Sails, Shades Sails, and Sun Shade Sails, Pool Shade Sails, Waterproof Shade Sails, Shade Sails Online, Commercial Shade Sails, Outdoor Shade Sails.